Wednesday, February 11, 2009

My first week as a SAHM

The first thing I have to say is being a SAHM is hard. The hours go by quickly but I don’t feel like I get anything done. Of course, I don’t have a set routine and I spent so much of this week running errands leftover from last week. I promised myself the first day home I would work on potty training but have yet to start. I decided I would start when we came back from our cruise. I think I have an excuse too handy too often L

My goals for next week are potty training and a daily schedule. PAC has one for the girls, so I’ll start there and then just add some of the chores for the girls. The one thing I hate is folding and putting away their clothes. Their laundry process never seems to end. Thankfully I don’t wash or dry it just put it away.

On Monday, I went to meet with two recruiters. I am hoping to be back working in three months. Staying home forever isn’t possible nor am I sure I would want to do it. I’ve worked since I was 14 and I THINK I want to work again.

We left for our cruise on Friday. It was a short four day cruise. I wanted a cruise where we had to do nothing. I didn’t even want to get off the ship at Nassau. We had fun in Nassau walking around, window shopping, rum tasting and visiting the zoo. I did more on the cruise then I had planned (considering my plan was never to leave the room!!!) but still relaxed and slept in every day.

It was hard to leave the girls but knowing they were with PAC, with Abuela’s help made it easy. PAC is beyond amazing. I am so glad that day back in June ’07 when he came and never left. God knew what he was doing. He made the months waiting for the girl’s easier and added fun to the mix. His patience with the girls is truly incredible. His love is evident in how he treats them and they love him back double.

We came home early Monday morning and walked into their room. Almari was just waking up. Seeing them was like WOW I LOVE THESE GIRLS.