Sunday, February 1, 2009

Update for the last week of January 2009

Almari has always been a climber, so it didn’t surprise me that she fell out of bed on Wednesday night. She hit the tile hard but we didn’t find any injuries. She cried and it took me about 30 minutes to get her back into the crib. Almari trips and falls often because she doesn’t look where she is going, doesn’t understand you can’t climb on everything or runs full blast. She is doing it less and less, so maybe she is figuring out the world. The words we use the most with Almari are “don’t touch”, “get off” and the all-time favorite “no”.

Just a few minutes ago, we found blood on the floor. Philippe started searching on Almari because he found her playing with his razor (he had just come home and left his toiletry kit on the bed) but found nothing. Guess why? Alex was the guilty party. She must have nicked her thumb with the razor. Funny she didn’t cry or seem to care until we put a band-aid on it.

Alex is finding out about time-out and her tantrums. I started yesterday to put her in the “calm corner” until she stops the tears and settles down. During feedings, if she starts I just turn her chair to the side until she calms down. She has taken to slapping your hands when angry and this will not be acceptable. So time-out will help us reinforce this to her. She is one strong willed determined little girl. Stubborn, not Skye, should have been her middle name. The words we use the most with Alex are “stop”, “no, enough” and “no screaming”. As she learns to speak, we are hoping the crying and screaming diminish.

Saturday usually means errands. We went to Jared’s since Alex lost one of her diamond studs again. We decided to upgrade Almari to ½ carats, so we traded in Alex’s one earring toward a new pair. Alex will wear Almari’s earrings until she needs to be upgraded. Bryan bought a new toilet to replace the one in his bathroom. FINALLY, there will be a quiet and non-running toilet in there after 5 years. I had to pop into eye doctor to get my new glasses adjusted. The Dr. has been dying to see the girls, so we took them with us. They fell asleep as we pulled into the parking lot but that didn’t stop the Dr. and her daughter from coming to the car to see the girls.

Saturday around 4am, 6 had a Grand Mal seizure very similar to the one she had last February. It takes her so long to regain her strength. I fear she will work herself up and have a heart attack. Dr. Carmona wants to see her before we start her on meds, so I will take her in on Monday. Dr. Carmona (the best Vet ever) wasn’t working this weekend and we prefer him to see her over another vet. He understands her insanity. :-) Last time, after 4 days at doggie ER, Spinal tap, MRI, stress test, assorted tests and a bill of $4999.75 they found nothing wrong with her except mental issues.

Ana update – Friday was my last day at Claire’s. I can’t say I’m sad. I’ll miss seeing my friends daily but I’ve wanted out of Claire’s for at least 5 years. The money was good so it was hard to give it up but finally it was meant to happen. My leaving Claire’s gives Bryan the chance to “drive the bus” and guide the family’s future. I’m going to be a SAHM for a few weeks. I’m starting to look for a job but until Bryan’s firms up his ideas, it is hard for me to look for a new job. My first action as a SAHM is to potty train Almari. Maybe I can find ways to earn money from home!!!????!!!!!

2 comments:

Judi and Elaina said...

WOW!! What a crazy busy weekend you all had. Enjoy being SAHM-I'm jealous. Have a good week!!

Angel said...

Ana, you can make money writing from home. I'm sure you'd be great at article writing.

You'd have to work up to making a decent amount, but it would be something. With your experience, you'd have lots of topics to write about.

Let me know if you'd like links to some sites that I know pay.

Angel