Saturday, January 24, 2009

My Week's activity post

I completed a few goals I had set for January today. I finished and upload two recent vacation albums to Blurb.com. I cooked everyday last week with just one nasty meal (threw it out!!!). I followed the lemon chicken recipe to the T and it was just too tart for us. My true test was on Thursday when I came home and had to cook a meal with no prep work. I made quick spaghetti sauce with ground turkey and served it over pasta. I've made it through three weeks of cooking. I already went shopping this morning for next week's dinners. I bought a 9 pound pork loin which I will be able to use for 5 meals. I'm even thinking like a domesticated cooking woman here. Surprised?!!!? I am. I went to BJ's with Rose today for groceries and supplies. We want to go every three weeks so we can save some money. I haven't calculated if we have saved money with me cooking but I know we have. We either ate out daily or picked up meals, so it stands to reason with me cooking it has saved us $$. Saving money is a good thing!

I was finally able to announce that 1/30 is my last day at work. FREEDOM. I know change can be scary (financially mentally, etc) and a bit stressful but it had to be done. They asked me to stay an extra two weeks but I wasn't able to help them out. On Friday, 2/6 we leave on a 4 day cruise. It was one of Bryan's Christmas gifts to me. I hinted very strongly even telling him which cruise I would take. I wanted a short one so we won't be away from girls too long. I wanted a cruise that didn't dock often and I wanted it to be simple/casual. I want to get on board, order room service for every meal and do NOTHING. Do you think I can stay in my PJ's and room all cruise long???

I added to my facebook an album of pictures from the Las Vegas trip. http://www.new.facebook.com/album.php?aid=12292&l=42942&id=1457491209

Change is here!!! I have been an Obama follower since I read a speech he gave in early October 2002 opposing an American invasion of Iraq. I saw a small quote from it and googled to read the rest. I was hooked. I knew this was a man I wanted to follow. I would google him from time to time to stay up with his career. Then came the 2004 Democratic convention and the nation knew the name. Finally he announced he would join the race for the White House. Voting for Barack Obama was one of the easiest decisions of my life. President Barack Obama, wow, does that wonderful to my ears. Good luck, Mr. President.

No comments: