Friday, January 2, 2009

I welcomed in 2009 with the hope of actually keeping up with a blog. I haven't blogged in a long long time, so I'll do a capsule update. The link to my old blog is http://www.freewebs.com/anamh/

Almari
DOB 12/05/06
Arrived in USA 5/20/08
Re-adoption Complete 10/20/08
Baptized 12/13/08
Almari is daily learning more words, becoming more social outside of the immediate family and bossy, stubborn and vocal.

Alex
DOB 10/08/07
Arrived in USA 4/11/08
Re-adoption Complete 10/20/08
Baptized 12/13/08
Alex started to really walk right after her baptism. She is still very strong willed, stubborn and vocal.

As a family unit consisting of Ana (myself), Bryan (husband), Philippe (nephew), Almari, Alex, 6 (greyhound) and Z (saluki), we are all coming together. Some days it seems like we have been a family forever.

In the coming year, we are going to be going through some major changes right after January. We are preparing ourselves for the changes. For the new year, I said I would start COOKING. Yes, I said cooking. My goal is for us to have 5 home prepared dinners each week. I found a few crockpot recipes I am going to try this week. Maybe that will be my new project a easy for dummies cookbook.

We drove up to Orlando today to see Grandpa and Grandma. The girls also got to see Uncle Sean, Aunt Josie and their cousin Liam. Very cool. The hotel for the night was a disaster. No cribs so the girls had to sleep on a sofa sleeper. This was the first time for either in a bed. We made it...barely. Tomorrow we are headed to Seaworld.

No comments: