Saturday, January 17, 2009

Last week's update

Almari has picked up more words such as good girl, mami (hasn't called me that but uses it in reference to me), me, you and uses it to refer to herself like "me good girl", hey you, bye you and a few more. Okay I'm a bad mother who doesn't remember every milestone. On Friday, Philippe texted me that when they drove by Claire's she said "mami". How AWWWW is that!!! She is putting more words and thoughts together. Why do I want to cry like a fool when she says "good girl" when she picks up???? She is also taking more of an interest in "reading" books then holding and playing with them. She was a it more emotional this week when upset. If she gets hurt, LOOK OUT WORLD because she plays it for a long time.

Alex seems so much quicker to pick up things than Almari. Not sure of she is smarter or that she sees Almari do things. Alex knows she has to pick up but it is a struggle to get her to pick up. One word that best describes Alex is STRONG WILLED. She can now drink her milk from a sippy cup but only when she wants. Meals are an adventure with her. She loves to eat but on her terms, so it takes awhile. If we give her a spoon, she only will take food she can feed herself and that isn't a lot. Her eating right now is a combination of hands, spoon, fork and being spoon fed. Slow and messy but gets the job done.

Alex is a brat. She cries when she doesn't get something and she cries when she wants something. Right now, she is screaming because she wants the chair Almari is sitting in. She pushes her to get off and if Almari doesn't move she cries. Now having called Alex a brat, let me say Almari is a brat. She may not cry when she wants something but she gets her point across. They take turns bullying each other. Sisters!

Ana is becoming a cooking queen. I cooked all week days as scheduled. I have my shopping list ready for this week's meals. I had a meal that PAC didn't like so I need to modify it or scrap it from my list. I need to find a way to introduce whole vegetables to the girls. Alex puts them in her mouth and spits them out. She doesn't like some textures, so I think I will need to cut vegetables in small pieces to get her to try them. Mentally I know I have to work at keeping this cooking habit going. My obsessive behavior should keep the laziness at bay. I HOPE.

No comments: